TK-4th Grade Substitute TeacherOctober 7, 2021
Prospect Sierra is an independent, coed TK–8 school located on two campuses in El Cerrito, California, serving 470 students. Prospect Sierra gives students the tools to build a better world by integrating rigorous academics with a deep understanding of human emotions. Every day our exceptional teachers connect students’ academic experiences to ethics, empathy, and social and emotional intelligence. The result is deeper intellectual engagement, greater self-knowledge, and compassionate relationships. Prospect Sierra students develop the courage to become more than great students, but great people.
Overview of Position
This position is for an Elementary Substitute Teacher and is an on-call position when teachers or specialists are out.
JOB GOAL: Support programmatic goals and student needs when staff is absent.
- Report to the elementary campus by the agreed upon time and stay until dismissal ends.
- Check in with the front office to obtain lesson plans and schedule for the day.
- As fully as possible, maintain the established routines and procedures of the school and program to which one is assigned.
- Perform all extra duties for the absent teacher, including supervision at recess and lunch duties.
- Maintain a professional appearance as an example for students.
The candidate must have:
- Experience with TK – 8th grade children
- Attention to the social-emotional needs of elementary students
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in teams
- Committed to creating a fun and safe environment
- Sense of humor
This position is paid hourly at $25/hour.
How to Apply
Send a résumé to:
Abby Guinn, Elementary School Head
Prospect Sierra School is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more. We welcome and value the same in our faculty and staff.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org