Prospect Sierra is an independent, coed TK–8 school located on two campuses in El Cerrito, California, serving 465 students. Prospect Sierra gives students the tools to build a better world by integrating rigorous academics with a deep understanding of human emotions. Every day our exceptional teachers connect students’ academic experiences to ethics, empathy, and social and emotional intelligence. The result is deeper intellectual engagement, greater self-knowledge, and compassionate relationships. Prospect Sierra students develop the courage to become more than great students, but great people.
Overview of Position
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Extended Programs and the Associate Director of Extended Programs, and work with students both at our elementary school (grades TK-4) and our middle school (grades 5-8) participating in the Extended Program. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Extended Programs, Elementary/Middle School Head, Dean of Students, and other faculty/staff to ensure a fun, dynamic, and safe after school experience.
- Assist with the daily supervision of students in play, free time, homework completion, etc.
- Maintain respectful student behavior by handling disciplinary situations.
- Communicate with parents, school staff, and Extended Program instructors.
- Develop trusting relationships with current students and families.
- Prepare and serve snack.
- Afternoon shift until 6 p.m., varying from 3-4.5 hours/day. Hours will be discussed based on both the needs of the school as well as candidate’s personal obligations/schedule
The candidate must have:
- Ability to travel between our two campuses as needed
- Experience with children, grades anywhere between TK – 8th
- Attention to the social-emotional needs of TK-8th students and a genuine liking for early adolescents
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in teams
- Committed to creating a fun and safe environment
- Strong track record of working with parents
- Sense of humor
Starting pay is $26 per hour. Starting date would be as soon as possible and would run until the end of the school year (June 9, 2023). Successful employees are invited back the following school year via a new contract.
Send a resume (including written recommendations and/or contact information for three references) and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashley Foster, Director of Extended Programs & Miya Frank Associate Director of Extended Programs
Subject Line: Extended Program Teacher Position
Prospect Sierra School is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more. We welcome and value the same in our faculty and staff.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com