Join Us In Service – All Together NowJanuary 9, 2018
Please join us for All Together Now on Sunday, January 28 from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m., an annual event where we come together as a school to share food and then engage in acts of service in our community and on our campus.
The day will begin with a family potluck in the Tapscott MPR at 11:30 a.m. After music and community time, we will head out (or stay in) to take action with some of our community and organizational partners from 1-3 p.m.
We invite you to take part in one of the following projects:
- Weed, beautify, and plant new specimens in the Ploughshares Garden Nursery at the Alameda Point Collaborative.
- Remove ivy from native trees and invasive plants in Canyon Trail Park.
- Support a work day (cleaning, planting, and painting) at the Center for Early Intervention on Deafness (CEID).
- Build a maker cart and prepare science kits for the after school program at Harbor House in Oakland.
- Make blankets and toys for the East Bay SPCA.
- In our own backyard, re-mulch the landscape at the front of the Tapscott campus or dig up the grass in front of the Advancement Office in preparation for native planting.
Student Art Fundraiser
New this year, we’ve added an arts fundraiser hosted by students that will benefit disaster relief – for those affected by the fires in the Napa area and those impacted by Hurricanes Irma and Maria in the US Virgin Islands where physical education teacher Zahra Jackson is from. This portion of the event will be held during lunch, from 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m., before service projects begins. Students will create art on campus throughout the month and can also bring art pieces from home; they can be dropped off in the Admissions offices. Bring your dollars and your love for a great student-led cause!
Please take a moment to sign up to help with the potluck, choose a service project for you and your family, and volunteer to help with the art sale by clicking here.
Engaging in community service is integral to our school’s mission, and to the work that we do as a community to care for one another and the world around us. We look forward to working with you at All Together Now on January 28.