Join Us In Service – All Together NowJanuary 9, 2020
Please join us for All Together Now on Sunday, January 26 from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., an annual event where we come together as a school to share food and then engage in acts of service in our community and on our campus.
The day will begin with a family potluck in the Tapscott MPR at 11:30 a.m. After music and community time, we will head out (or stay in) to take action with some of our community and organizational partners from 12:30-2 p.m.
We invite you to sign up and take part in one of the following projects:
- Weed, beautify, and plant new specimens in the Ploughshares Garden Nursery at the Alameda Point Collaborative.
- Assemble hygiene bags for use at the Bay Area Rescue Mission in Richmond. Bags are passed out to those experiencing homelessness throughout the year.
- Remove ivy from native trees and invasive plants in Canyon Trail Park.
- Support a work day (cleaning, planting, and painting) at the Center for Early Intervention on Deafness (CEID).
- Make blankets and toys for the East Bay SPCA.
- In our own backyard, we will be working on native garden plantings at our TK classroom on Gatto Avenue.
The student arts fundraiser hosted by 5th graders raises money that will benefit refugees living in our country currently. This portion of the event will be held during lunch from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. before service projects begin. Students will create art on campus throughout the month and can also bring art pieces from home; they can be dropped off in the Admissions offices. Bring your dollars and your love for a great student-led cause!
Engaging in community service is integral to our school’s mission, and to the work that we do as a community to care for one another and the world around us. We look forward to working with you at All Together Now on January 26.