Technology Support SpecialistJuly 25, 2022
Prospect Sierra is an independent, coed TK–8 school located on two campuses in El Cerrito, California, serving 465 students. Prospect Sierra gives students the tools to build a better world by integrating rigorous academics with a deep understanding of human emotions. Every day our exceptional teachers connect students’ academic experiences to ethics, empathy, and social and emotional intelligence. The result is deeper intellectual engagement, greater self-knowledge, and compassionate relationships. Prospect Sierra students develop the courage to become more than great students, but great people.
Overview of Position
The Tech Support Specialist is a year-round member of the technology department, which is integral to the operations of the school. The Tech Support Specialist is responsible for computer repairs/installations and A/V support throughout both campuses. The Tech Support Specialist reports to the Interim Director of Technology and is part of a four-person technology team working on two campuses.
- Assist teachers, staff, and students with technology needs
- Provide technical support in-person, on the phone, and online
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot Mac OSX, iOS, and Chrome devices and peripherals
- Install and update applications as needed, both on the device and through central management tools
- Google apps administration including user adds/changes
- Image, install, configure, move, and carry computers and projectors
- Maintain and troubleshoot printers on campus
- Support administration and faculty with AV setup
- Assist in the creation and revision of documentation and tutorials focused on classroom, office, or school-wide technology initiatives
- Maintain and keep up-to-date tech support documentation including inventory, team wiki, and end-user how-to documents
- Demonstrated empathy in a support role (customer/client support). Empathy is the key skill, for all technology users, no matter their role (student, staff, administration, faculty) or skill level (beginner or boundary-pushing expert)
- One+ years of experience in the setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of desktop/notebook hardware and software (Mac OSX, iOS, Chrome, and Windows)
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and collaboration skills are an absolute must
- Experience supporting Mac OSX desktops and laptops in a networked environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and processes quickly.
- Ability to climb a ladder to service classroom projectors and similar equipment
- Must be physically able to lift up to 40 pounds
How to Apply
Send a résumé (including contact information for three references) and one-page cover letter to:
Mark Basnage, Director of Technology & Innovation
Prospect Sierra is an equal opportunity employer. Our community is diverse in many ways, inclusive of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender spectrum, age, ability, and more. We welcome and value the same in our faculty and staff.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org