School Closure Resources
School Closure Dates
Prospect Sierra will be closed beginning Tuesday, March 17. The closure will continue through the end of the school year on Friday, June 5. Stay tuned for more information regarding the 2020-21 school year.
We urge you and your children to take everyday preventive measures recommended by the CDC – washing hands frequently; avoiding touching the eyes, nose and mouth; covering a cough or sneeze with a tissue – to help combat the spread of respiratory diseases.
We have transitioned to online learning to create physical distance in our community, in order to help stop the spread of a virus. During this time, we expect all students to practice social distancing. Public health experts emphasize the need to avoid groups larger than 3 people (besides family) and to maintain 6 feet of distance between individuals. This means students should not meet for playdates, study groups, or socialize in groups.
- Centers for Disease Control
- CDC Information for Travelers
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Contra Costa Health Services
- World Health Organization
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- “Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus,” NPR
- “Coronavirus, Wildfires, Oh My: What to Say to a Child Who’s Scared By the News,” by Steve Calechman
- BrainPop Video on the Coronavirus
- Talking to Children about COVID-19 Virus: A Parent Resource, National Association of School Psychologists
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus, PBSKids
COVID-19 Fact Sheets
- Information about COVID-19
- What You Need to Know about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)