7-SocialSeptember 28, 2016
7th Grade — Social Studies
Reading, writing, and social studies are taught in an integrated course called humanities. The content is guided by essential questions that inform reading material selections, study trips, research projects, and presentations. Teachers collaborate with other departments to further extend the cross-curricular nature of the humanities program, fully integrating the themes of the course into the arts, sciences, and mathematics.
- Essential Questions Explored:
- How and why do cultures come in contact and what are the results?
- How and why do people act as changemakers?
- Unit Themes:
- Cultures in contact and Changemakers
- Research based passion project
- Approaches to Learning:
- Inquiry based research, primary and secondary source analysis, debate, research and analysis, design challenges on world issues, oral presentations, multimedia presentations, mapping, test preparation and test taking