Prospect Sierra is pleased to offer bus service with MetroTrans (the student division of TransMetro) for the 2016-17 school year. Highlights of this continuing service include the following:
- Safety remains the highest priority; all regularly used buses have seatbelts, fully trained drivers, and are exclusively Prospect Sierra buses.
- Drivers know our students and create a safe, fun experience.
- We continue to seek ways to reduce our carbon footprint; the buses use biodiesel, ethanol fuels and are housed in Richmond – both contributing to a greener option than other school bus companies.
- The routes will remain North Berkeley/Kensington and South Berkeley/Oakland in order to accommodate our families.
- All buses can be followed using GPS tracking.
- Unused punch-passes from the previous year will be honored.
- As a Green Ribbon school, one of our significant goals is to reduce our transportation carbon footprint. A transportation option that we would love to see utilized by more families is our school bus. For this reason, we will have Ride for Free moments in the year to encourage this option.
If you have general questions about the bus and bus routes, please contact Tamara Matuschka at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.809.9022.
For general information about billing and payment options, please contact Karen Welch at email@example.com or 510.809.9028.
To register for bus service, please click here. Download the form and turn it into the school office.